Fiber Tech Jobs. Com
|The Fiber Optic Professional
Source For Jobs and Projects
|Learn to Hold the Power of Light Within Your
BDI DataLynk Fiber Optics Training ...
the only fiber optic network instruction you
will ever need.
|BDI DataLynk - Teaching Procedures
Since 1999 -
Prepare to Learn.
Fiber Tech Jobs is a great source for job opportunities in the Fiber Optics
Marketplace. Many of these Fiber Optic Jobs and employment opportunities are
listed on the FOA Web Site. If you are an individual seeking employment in the
Fiber Optics Networking industry, you may want to join with us by attending an FOA
sanctioned course in your area or by taking and passing the CFOT Exam on the
FOA web site and paying your very reasonable membership fee.
Don't Buy What You Do Not Need and by all
means - Only Purchase from those that
know what they sell!
Fiber Optics Tools .Com
Your Professional Source for Fiber Optics
Tools and Test Equipment
a subsidiary of BDI DataLynk, LLC
Fiber to the Home.
Are you the technician
doing the installation or are
you watching someone
else do the job?
Read Full Story!
|Photos compliments of CNN.Com
More Great Articles
|ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A JOB OR ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A CAREER?
Some hints for you:
1.) Present yourself as a professional. Dress like a pro! Get rid of the ball cap!
2.) Have a good attitude.
3.) Ask questions about the company.
4.) Research the company before interview.
5.) Have a professional, to the point resume, and cover letter with copies of all of your
6.) Turn your cell phone off during interview.
7.) Look at the interviewer.
8.) Ask for the job!
Tips From Bogart!
"Get the telephone book out or
use the Internet and sink your
teeth into all of the Electrical
Contractor Listings. They are
always looking for ways to get
into the fiber optics business."
New Opportunity - Just Listed 10/17!
TITLE: Outside Plant Fiber Splicing Technician II
DEPARTMENT: Outside Plant Fiber Splicing
SUPERVISOR: Outside Plant Fiber Splicing Supervisor
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES: Perform various duties as instructed within the network with regards to outside plant construction, restoration, preventive
maintenance, facility locating, customer service drops and record keeping.
1. Must be able to read splicing records and splice fiber as directed by supervisor.
2. Must have a functioning knowledge of testing and troubleshooting fiber optic.
3. Must be able to make as needed changes and document test results.
4. Must be able to read engineering drawings and correlate them to physical plant.
5. Must be able to assist in physical cable placement.
6. Must assist in the coordination OSP extensions and coordinate with other departments.
7. Perform detailed visual inspection of OSP construction to determine quality of work being performed and that it meets the company’s standards.
8. Other tasks or duties as assigned.
1. Responsible for maintaining existing fiber routes and facility locates as directed.
2. Responsible for maintaining all OSP equipment, i.e. fusion splicer, trailers, vehicles.
3. Will complete no less than 2 trainings classes per year as and when required.
High School diploma or equivalent required. US Dept of Labor approved technical certification in fiber optics preferred. Must have at least 2 years work
experience related to the telecommunications industry with a focus on fiber optic splicing and testing. Must have a working knowledge of all types of outside
plant construction. Must possess a high degree of interpersonal skills. Travel required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Must be able to perform all physical and mental job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation, including driving, moving heavy weights (up to 50
lbs.), distinguishing the fiber optic color code, bending, crawling, working in confined spaces, climbing, working on overhead equipment, use hand tools and
specialized equipment, walking , standing, working in hot or cold and wet conditions.
Note: This is a brief description of the Outside Plant Technician’s responsibilities and is not limited to those described herein. Management retains the right to
add, delete or modify any of these responsibilities at any time during employment.
Revised 7/3/14 MT