Fiber Tech Jobs. Com
|The Fiber Optic Professional
Source For Jobs and Projects
|Learn to Hold the Power of Light Within Your
BDI DataLynk Fiber Optics Training ...
the only fiber optic network instruction you
will ever need.
|BDI DataLynk - Teaching Procedures
Since 1999 -
Prepare to Learn.
Fiber Tech Jobs is a great source for job opportunities in the Fiber Optics
Marketplace. Many of these Fiber Optic Jobs and employment opportunities are
listed on the FOA Web Site. If you are an individual seeking employment in the
Fiber Optics Networking industry, you may want to join with us by attending an FOA
sanctioned course in your area or by taking and passing the CFOT Exam on the
FOA web site and paying your very reasonable membership fee.
Don't Buy What You Do Not Need and by all
means - Only Purchase from those that
know what they sell!
Fiber Optics Tools .Com
Your Professional Source for Fiber Optics
Tools and Test Equipment
a subsidiary of BDI DataLynk, LLC
Fiber to the Home.
Are you the technician
doing the installation or are
you watching someone
else do the job?
Read Full Story!
|Photos compliments of CNN.Com
More Great Articles
|ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A JOB OR ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A CAREER?
Some hints for you:
1.) Present yourself as a professional. Dress like a pro! Get rid of the ball cap!
2.) Have a good attitude.
3.) Ask questions about the company.
4.) Research the company before interview.
5.) Have a professional, to the point resume, and cover letter with copies of all of your
6.) Turn your cell phone off during interview.
7.) Look at the interviewer.
8.) Ask for the job!
Tips From Bogart!
"Get the telephone book out or
use the Internet and sink your
teeth into all of the Electrical
Contractor Listings. They are
always looking for ways to get
into the fiber optics business."
New Opportunity - Just Listed 2/1515!
Job/Contracting Opportunity - Northern California (2/15)
Simple Tech Solutions LLC is seeking an experienced Fiber Optics Installer/Splicer for potential Bid by March 17th. Incumbent must have at least 5 years of
experience installing and splicing Fiber optic cables. Position may require some travel throughout the greater Bay Area, CA. I will provide details to qualified
candidates. Please send Resume to email@example.com for consideration and include Fiber-Optics Installer within the subject line. We are
requesting that labor or professional agencies not apply. Thank you in advance.
Advantage Resourcing, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Recruit Co., Ltd., Tokyo Japan, specializing in multiple human capital management services including
contingent staffing, direct/permanent hire, on-site staffing management services, Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) and master vendor (MSP) services in
the U.S., U.K., and Australia. Advantage is a leader in providing talent in Design and Engineering, Information Technology, Scientific, Finance, Accounting, Human
Resources, Marketing, Skilled Trades, Clerical and Light Industrial skill sets. Advantage Technical Resourcing is headquartered in Dedham, Mass. Please look
at the position listed below and let me know if you or maybe someone you know would be interested in applying for it.
TITLE: Network Installation Coordinator
LOCATION: Austin, TX
TYPE: Contract – 1 Year (Possible Extensions)
RATE: $34.25 to $41.86 Per Hour, W-2 Based, Rate Based on Experience
• Generate cable-run lists and multi-segment port maps.
• Receive and consolidate rack face elevations with as-built records.
• Construct datacom/telecom material BOM's and track deliveries.
• Superb organizational skills with focus on detail-oriented work.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple assignments as needed.
• Familiarity with network devices e.g (routers, switches, etc).
Must be US Citizen or Green Card Holder
TO APPLY, PLEASE SEND A RESUME (MS WORD OR TEXT FORMAT) AND REFER TO JOB NUMBER 14-30351
Advantage Technical Resourcing
214-622-6314 Ext 5003
Visit us at www.advantageresourcing.com
Senior OSP- "Materials, Standards & Guidelines Expert" in Saudi Arabia (11/2014)
We are hiring Senior OSP- "Materials, Standards & Guidelines Expert" for our OSP project in Saudi Arabia. The candidate must have 15+ years of experience
and profound knowledge of all aspects of the OSP network (Standards, Guidelines, procedures, technologies, equipment, tools) for planning, design and
implementation in OSP and Fiber.
Job Title: OSP Materials, Standards and Guidelines Expert
Position objectives Responsible for all OSP Materials standardization, Standards, guidelines and their related work procedures
Job Description and Responsibilities
• Conduct market analysis of OSP Design and implementation materials to find the best suitable for CUSTOMER’S framework
• With the support of CUSTOMER’S Management, Create and drive the functions of the OSP Test LAB to R&D purposes
• Conduct Benchmarking if required to asses optimal international materials
• Evaluate availability of materials with suppliers to best fit CUSTOMER’S deployment plan
• Update and maintain the standardized materials documentation and include the installation procedures
• Evaluate financial benefits of new standardized materials to reduce CAPEX and OPEX spending
• Provide training and support to all Regions to apply approved CUSTOMER’S materials and their guidelines.
• Conduct Benchmarking if required to asses international OSP Design best practices
• Continuously evaluate, review and update the OSP Design Standards and Guidelines to meet international best practices that meet CUSTOMER’S
framework and optimize cost and quality of the network deployment
• Leverage a strong knowledge of technology trends for the selection of the most cost effective and best practice access network solutions.
• Provide continuous support and training for all OSP Design Standards and Guidelines
• Conduct Benchmarking if required to asses international implementation best practices
• Continuously evaluate, review and update the OSP implementation Standards and Guidelines to meet international best practices that meet CUSTOMER’S
framework and optimize cost and quality of the network deployment.
• Provide continuous support and training for all design Standards and Guidelines
• Create and apply necessary processes and procedures to maintain and improve the work efficiency/performance
- MSc in Electrical/Civil Engineering or Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunication Engineering with 15 + years’ experience
- Profound knowledge of all aspects of the OSP network (Standards, Guidelines, procedures, technologies, equipment, tools...etc) for planning, design and
- Experience in a senior technical area of the OSP network
- Good Presentation, Time Management and English Language skills.
- Extraordinary technical writing skills
- Good knowledge on General GSM/UMTS PSTN Network.
- In depth knowledge of FTTx solutions and architecture, GPON as well as PtP
- 6-10 Year of experience with network planning/design for access networks
- Profound experience with access networks civil works planning / design
- Broad experience in working with OSP sub-contractors, design reviews and quality control.
Kiran G Madhav
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Outside Plant Fiber Splicing Technician (10/14)
TITLE: Outside Plant Fiber Splicing Technician II
DEPARTMENT: Outside Plant Fiber Splicing
SUPERVISOR: Outside Plant Fiber Splicing Supervisor
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES: Perform various duties as instructed within the network with regards to outside plant construction, restoration, preventive
maintenance, facility locating, customer service drops and record keeping.
1. Must be able to read splicing records and splice fiber as directed by supervisor.
2. Must have a functioning knowledge of testing and troubleshooting fiber optics.
3. Must be able to make as needed changes and document test results.
4. Must be able to read engineering drawings and correlate them to physical plant.
5. Must be able to assist in physical cable placement.
6. Must assist in the coordination OSP extensions and coordinate with other departments.
7. Perform detailed visual inspection of OSP construction to determine quality of work being performed and that it meets the company’s standards.
8. Other tasks or duties as assigned.
1. Responsible for maintaining existing fiber routes and facility locates as directed.
2. Responsible for maintaining all OSP equipment, i.e. fusion splicer, trailers, vehicles.
3. Will complete no less than 2 trainings classes per year as and when required.
High School diploma or equivalent required. US Dept of Labor approved technical certification in fiber optics preferred. Must have at least 2 years work
experience related to the telecommunications industry with a focus on fiber optic splicing and testing. Must have a working knowledge of all types of outside
plant construction. Must possess a high degree of interpersonal skills. Travel required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Must be able to perform all physical and mental job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation, including driving, moving heavy weights (up to 50
lbs.), distinguishing the fiber optic color code, bending, crawling, working in confined spaces, climbing, working on overhead equipment, use hand tools and
specialized equipment, walking , standing, working in hot or cold and wet conditions.
Note: This is a brief description of the Outside Plant Technician’s responsibilities and is not limited to those described herein. Management retains the right to
add, delete or modify any of these responsibilities at any time during employment.
Revised 7/3/14 MT
Those interested can apply at their website www.cspire.com/careers or can send their resumes to John Nordan firstname.lastname@example.org
Splicing Techs Needed In Western Canada
Technicians needed, Western Canada (BC /AB). This is primarily FTTH however any and all experience is welcome. Rate of pay is 30-35/hr on rotational shifts
which means 2 weeks on 1 week off. We travel throughout Alberta and British Columbia so accommodations, and per diem are paid.
Candidates can contact us directly at: email@example.com
Please contact the contractor directly at the email listed - not
FOA or BDI Datalynk!