Fiber Tech Jobs. Com
|The Fiber Optic Professional
Source For Jobs and Projects
|Learn to Hold the Power of Light Within Your
BDI DataLynk Fiber Optics Training ...
the only fiber optic network instruction you
will ever need.
|BDI DataLynk - Teaching Procedures
Since 1999 -
Prepare to Learn.
Fiber Tech Jobs is a great source for job opportunities in the Fiber Optics
Marketplace. Many of these Fiber Optic Jobs and employment opportunities are
listed on the FOA Web Site. If you are an individual seeking employment in the
Fiber Optics Networking industry, you may want to join with us by attending an FOA
sanctioned course in your area or by taking and passing the CFOT Exam on the
FOA web site and paying your very reasonable membership fee.
Don't Buy What You Do Not Need and by all
means - Only Purchase from those that
know what they sell!
Fiber Optics Tools .Com
Your Professional Source for Fiber Optics
Tools and Test Equipment
a subsidiary of BDI DataLynk, LLC
Fiber to the Home.
Are you the technician
doing the installation or are
you watching someone
else do the job?
Read Full Story!
|Photos compliments of CNN.Com
More Great Articles
|ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A JOB OR ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A CAREER?
Some hints for you:
1.) Present yourself as a professional. Dress like a pro!
2.) Have a good attitude.
3.) Ask questions about the company.
4.) Research the company before interview.
5.) Have a professional, to the point resume, and cover letter with copies of all of your
5.) Ask for the job!
Tips From Bogart!
"Get the telephone book out or
use the Internet and sink your
teeth into all of the Electrical
Contractor Listings. They are
always looking for ways to get
into the fiber optics business."
Current Job Opening - that we know about.
New Opportunity - Just Listed!
We are currently looking to hire Fiber Splicers/ Testers in both the Austin & Dallas TX areas.
4747 Irving Blvd #201
Dallas, Texas 75247
Optical Connectors - Principal Engineer- (9/13)
The Advanced Manufacturing Technology (AMT) group which supports and develops leading edge manufacturing technologies and plays a
central R&D role within the company, is seeking an enthusiastic, innovative, and goal-oriented individual. The candidate should be proactive in
problem solving and possesses technical leadership and communication skills that will lead and transition new technologies from the laboratory to
the business units to help maintain and grow my client as the global leader in connectivity. The position is in Harrisburg, PA.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
Work with business units development engineers and manufacturing organizations to transition successful technology to large-scale
manufacturing and the end-user market
Ability to be a technical expert, lead projects or serve as a team member of complex, large, or high impact projects
Develop creative and innovative approaches for manufacturing processes
Troubleshoot technical problems, determine and execute resolution plans
Create and/or contribute to project scoping, planning, budgeting and schedules
Ability to perform proficiently in all phases of the project from concept to transfer
Works on technically complex and high impact projects and deliverables, where ingenuity and basic business understanding is required. Applies
advanced/expert knowledge of specialized discipline(s) and methods to support internal/external customer needs
Independently researches broad, diverse, complex issues outside technical capability; selects most efficient methods/techniques to achieve
objectives. Simultaneously handles multiple, demanding, unstructured assignments and solves complex high impact problems requiring expert
specialized skill, multi-disciplinary knowledge, and basic business understanding. Responsibility includes definition, completion, technical quality,
and securing consistency across assigned area(s)
Applies knowledge in a broad range of topics within technical discipline, reflecting in-depth knowledge of 1-2 sub-specialty areas
Demonstrates advanced/expert knowledge in a single or multi-disciplinary area, and balances constraints/opportunities of 2-3 adjacent technical
disciplines with primary technical area(s)
Assist in developing long-range plans for incorporating new processes and selecting new equipment
Keep-up-to date with latest manufacturing technologies through conducting independent literature searches, conferences, networking and
implement these innovative technologies within the organization
Use engineering principles in assessing viability of new technologies
Provide recommendations to internal businesses about innovative manufacturing technologies that will be implemented for production
Transfer new processes from the laboratory to the manufacturing environment and establishing robust high quality manufacturing principles
Ph.D., preferably in Polymer Engineering or Mechanical Engineering, with exceptional academic achievements or relevant work experience, or an
M.S. degree with work experience, and be familiar with mechanical design and injection molding methodologies.
Candidates with prior knowledge in fiber optics connector manufacturing are strongly encouraged to apply.
Ability to communicate effectively throughout all levels within the organization. Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills
Proficient in Microsoft word software including but not limited to: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
Preferred CAD experience with AutoCAD, Pro/E, or SpaceClaim
Preferred FEM experience such as ANSYS, Moldflow
Preferred statistical software experience with Minitab
Strong analytical thinker with excellent problem solving skills
Knowledgeable and hands on experience in injection molding or other plastics related processing (extrusion, thermoforming, compression, blow
molding, compounding), secondary operations, value added operations, automation, assembly, mold design, utilization of high end precision
machining equipment, additive manufacturing
Preferred characterization experience or knowledge of AFM, SEM
Preferred material analysis experience or knowledge of DSC, TGA, DMA
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and guidance
Demonstrate ability to work within a team environment
Solid fundamental understanding of: polymer structure property relationships; polymer properties in regarding to physical, electrical, chemical and
other properties; heat transfer of various materials; fluid flow of polymers
Willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
The MUST HAVES for this position are:
PhD degree or MS degree
Preferably in Polymer Engineering but also Mechanical Engineers will be considered
Experience with injection molding process
Experience with optical connector molding
Experience with polymer characterization techniques
Solid understanding of polymer structure-properties relationships
Some design experience (for example design for manufacturability)
IF you or a friend/colleague are interested in one of these (or similar) great job opportunities, please respond with resume and cover-letter
explaining why you are a fit and for which position. Resume submissions, referrals and suggestions are always welcomed.
Wingate Dunross, Inc.
ph (818)597-3200 ext. 211
Field Application Engineer – Optics (Menlo Park, CA) (9/13)
The Data Communications business unit of my client has an opportunity for a Field Application Engineer in Menlo Park, CA to support a key
customer at their location. The business unit has determined that, for key customers, having knowledgeable engineering presence on-site is
critical to long-term success in supporting the customers’ product and design needs and in advancing the Company’s interests.
The resident engineer will serve as a technical resource for customers’ engineers and program / platform managers by providing technical
expertise, design work, product application information, and general support for strategic customers. The resident engineer will be a significant
interface between Company’s sales and engineering organizations and customers.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Be the initial point of contact for customer’s local engineering group
• Function as the technical interface between the customer’s engineers and the engineering community on all existing products as well as focus
on new product development opportunities
• Actively contribute to new product development opportunities for company at the customer with the ability to provide conceptual design
• Interact directly with customer account(s) on a daily basis and coordinate the deliverables related to customer projects including new products,
modifications to existing products, test studies, signal integrity modeling, and any other development efforts
• Establish relationships with key customer engineering contacts and decision makers
• Gain a solid understanding of customer’s product set and future roadmap
• Gain a solid understanding of products and future roadmap
• Use VOC (Voice of Customer) tools to understand the accounts’ technology, strategic direction, and electronic connectivity needs.
Communicate these needs to internal Electronics teams to initiate projects
• Support a cross-functional, global team specific to the customer. The team may consist of a Program Manager, Quality Engineering, Logistics,
Procurement, Operations, and Sales.
• Penetrate customers’ design cycle to be involved in the early stages of new product / platform planning
• Work closely with internal engineering teams to insure that they are meeting the customers’ needs and be a conduit to the customer
• Represent and be an advocate for the customer.
• Support product & process qualifications
• Support existing applications and products including tolerance analysis, application evaluation, and testing
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications:
• BS degree in Engineering required (Electrical / Mechanical / Systems discipline preferred)
• Experience with optical transceivers and testing methods / equipment (either as a designer, user, qualifier, etc)
• Experience with both single mode and multimode transceivers
• Familiarity with Ethernet, infiniband, and other high speed data protocols / standards
• Experienced with 10G and above data rates
• Familiarity with structured optical cabling
• Familiarity with standard optical connects (mpo, LCD, sc, FC)
• Demonstrated ability to document customer product concept in variety of electronic formats
• Proficient in product data management tools
• Demonstrated ability to provide effective project leadership
• Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize
• Strong interpersonal & negotiating skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills demonstrated by the ability to communicate across all levels within and outside of the organization
• Computer proficient including 3D Design Applications
• Ability and willingness to travel as required, mainly regionally
• Ability and willingness to be a remote-based employee with limited personal interaction with immediate supervisor
• Successful candidates will have strong ability to work independently
• Outstanding networking, influencing, and listening skills
• Additional industry based skills a benefit:
• At least 4 – 8 years of engineering experience in connector knowledge
• Knowledge of general manufacturing processes of stamping, molding, plating, and automated product assembly desired
• Experience in development engineering and participation in full product development cycle
• Prefer candidates with some knowledge of electronics components, preferably in one or more of our product lines (connectors, electronics
relays, wire & cable)
NOTES (new information): There are two scenarios for this Field Applications position. We will certainly consider any highly-qualified designers
who have optical transceiver and backplane experience, who wish to become field applications/customer-focused engineers. Also, we would
consider junior Optical Engineers/Electrical Engineers who have recently graduated or are Post-Docs. Here are the outlines of the two categories
we are looking for:
Wingate Dunross Associates, Inc.
ph (818)597-3200 ext. 211
Construction Company looking for a few good people. (Plainfield, IN) (9/13)
CSU Inc. is looking for the following applicants. Individuals with experience in Horizontal Directional Drilling, Fiber Optics, Telecommunications or
Water Main Installations. Top candidates have experience with one of the following skills: HDD Locating, Operation of a Directional Drill, Drop
Plow, Vac-Truck, Backhoe, Mini Excavator or General Labor. Class A CDL a plus. We are also accepting applications for candidates that have a
strong work ethic and would like to work in a fast paced environment. We offer Matching Retirement, 100% Paid Medical Premiums, Paid
Vacation, Holidays and Incentive Plan. If this sounds like something you would be interested in please call 317-972-0802, go to www.
csucontracting.com and fill out an online employment application or fax your resume to 317-839-8597. We are located at 3919 Clarks Creek
Road, Plainfield IN.
JOB TITLE: FIELD SUPERINTENDENT
POSTING DATE: 9/9/2013
WORK HOURS: THIS IS A FULL-TIME SALARIED POSITION
REPORTS TO: OPERATIONS MANAGER
This position is responsible for planning, laying out, participating in, and supervising work on multiple job sites. This position performs supervisory
responsibilities from pre-construction meetings to final walk outs. This position assists with the scheduling, supervision of field crews and
communication with the project managers of their designated projects. The Superintendent is a working supervisor, meaning non-supervisory
time may be dedicated towards Foreman activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Travels to job sites to ensure work is progressing to schedule and acts as a referral point for Foremen when questions arise.
· Assists the Operations Manager to develop an effective plan and schedule for completion of project following a logical pattern for utilization
of labor, material, and equipment in conjunction with construction/GC schedule.
· Coordinates work of employees working on various phases of projects.
· Forecasts, oversees, and actively supervises all assigned labor efforts, equipment & material requirements.
· Tracks timeline of jobs to stay on schedule.
· Reports to the Operations Manager about progress and any necessary modifications of plans that seem indicated, including any out-of-
scope work is not completed until a change order has been issued.
· Communicates regularly with project managers, customers and engineers.
· Ensures project documents (as-builds) are complete, current, and stored properly.
· Ensures all work is completed to applicable code in a safe manner.
· Attends coordination, planning, & progress meetings on-site as required.
· Plans and lays out work from verbal and written instructions; oversees the work of CSU personnel.
· Other duties as assigned.
Work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency.
3919 Clarks Creek Road
Plainfield, Indiana 46168
~WBE Construction Contractor~
Cable Techs - San Francisco Bay Area (6/13)
Field Service Technicians with experience in telecommunications, CAT5/CAT6 cabling, T-1 Circuits, POS installation/break/fix, structured cabling,
as well as extensive knowledge of the 25 pair color code in the Bay Area.